Even though water leaving a water treatment facility may comply with local drinking standards, metals can leach into water from pipes, fittings and fixtures. Toxic effects of heavy metals and heavy metal contamination can be poisonous, ingestion of heavy metal is dangerous and can lead to illness and in some case be fatal. A broad range of concentrations can be measured with this quick water metals check for water quality testing.
Water in lakes, ponds, streams, wells etc can also contain naturally occuring metals.
This patented test can determine the total amount of heavy metals in water, including: Iron (ferrous +2), Copper Cu+2, Cobalt Co+2, Zinc Zn+2, Cadmium Cd+2, Nickel Ni+2, Lead Pb+2, Mercury Hg+2 and other +2 valence metals.
- Easy to use, at home or in the field
- No additional chemicals required, simple Dip-Wait-Read method
- Test strips measure even very low amounts of metals
- Results in less than 3 minutes
- Strips are packaged in individually sealed foil packets labeled with an easy-to-use, detailed color chart
Suitable for: any fresh water, including tap, pond, lake, well water
This test uses a very sensitive non-specific indicator that detects many common metals of concern. Accurate results are obtained quickly, making this metals test kit ideal for water treatment use. This test offers very low detection levels:
- All tap water that passes through a metal pipe will read 20ppb or higher for heavy metals
- Filtered or RO system-purified water should read <10ppb
- Commercially bottled water should read <10ppb
ppb = parts per billion (=µg/l)
European guidelines recommend levels of Lead <10ppb, Mercury <2ppb, Copper <1000ppb and Cadmium <5ppb.
This patented test uses the easy-to-use Dip-Wait-Read method, it is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required, and the indicator is noncarcinogenic.
Number of tests: 6
Sensitivity: <10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 400, 1000 µg/l (ppb) (Co, Cd, Zn, Cu, etc…)
Total Test time: 2 minutes and 30 seconds
1) Dip test strip into a 20ml sample for 30 seconds with constant, gentle back and forth motion.
2) Remove and shake strip once, briskly, to remove excess water.
3) Wait 2 minutes and match with the closest colour on the colour chart. Complete the colour matching within 30 seconds.
If more than one metal is detected, the values are combined. Please note, that whilst this kit will indicate the total level of metals, which are present in your water sample, it does not indicate what type of metal it is.
Please note, that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. This test kit provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results.