These pH & alkalinity water test indicator strips are perfect to see to check the pH & alkalinity of your drinking & tap & bottled water.
Testing the pH of water is important:
- Very low or very high pH can be an indicator for problems with water quality.
- This is especially the case for private water supplies. If the pH is too high, then the desinfectant can not work properly. If a pH is too low, then water can be corrosive for metal parts, ie, lead from lead pipes can leach into water or metal parts can be damaged.
- Tap water should have a pH of 6.5 to 9.5. Pure water should have a pH of approx 7.
A single test strip has been designed with two separate test pads: one for pH and the other for Total Alkalinity measurements. This test is also an alternative to wet chemical tests since it gives reproducible results for each test separately.
- Simple Dip-Wait-Read Testing Method
- Fast and accurate results
- Test strips are stored in a plastic container to protect them
- Ideal for quick and reliable testing of water
- Accurate test results for each element are achieved less than one minute
- This product is safe and easy to use since there are no chemicals to mix, an MSDS is not required
Suitable for: fresh water samples, including water from taps, wells, springs, boreholes, ponds, as well as rain water
Content: 50 strips
Sensitivity: pH: 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 11.0
Total Alkalinity: 0, 40, 80, 120, 180, 240, 720 ppm (mg/l)
How to Use:
- Dip the Stick into water the water sample for 10 seconds without motion.
- Remove strip and immediately match colour of strip to the colour chart. Complete colour matching within 15 seconds.
Contains: 50 strips per bottle
Total Test time: 25 seconds
Please note: not suitable to test pool & spa water. To view our full range of Pool & Spa testers, click here.
Please note: that this is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. It provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. SimplexHealth expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results. This is not a measuring instrument. Store in a cool, dry (below 32°C) place and away from excess heat and direct sunlight. No MSDS required. Keep away from children and pets. Avoid contact of test areas on strips with skin & eyes, do not ingest or expose to acids.